top of page

Required Documents!

We'll always provide you a customized list of documents specifically related to your loan needs... But if you want to get a jump on the process here is a list of the most common items required for mortgage approval.

Miscellaneous Information

  • Photo ID and proof of Social Security Number.

  • If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree (normally only required if recently divorced)

  • If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card.


Property Information

  • Purchase Agreement ( only if you have already contracted on a new home)

  • If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract

  • If you have sold your current home, copy of settlement statement.

  • If you rent, please provide landlord, name and phone number or cancelled checks for last 12 months.


Income and Assets

  • Pay stubs for the last 30 days.

  • W-2's, and Tax Returns for past 2 years (Last 2 yr's, all applicants, all pages, all schedules)

    • 1099’s if applicable.

  • Statement for each bank, mutual fund, 401k, and /or investment account for the last 3 months.​

  • Explanation of any large deposits to your accounts:

    • If Large Deposit was a gift:

    • Signed gift letter (contact me to provide you one)

    • Proof of donors ability to provide (withdrawal and deposit slips)

  • If you own 25% or more of a business:

    • Corporate or partnership tax returns (all pages, all schedules)

  • If you are Self-Employed:

    • Tax returns for the last three years may be needed (all schedules).

    • Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by accountant may be needed.

  • If you own rental property (provide for each property):

    • Tax returns for last two years and/or current rental agreements

    • Copy of most recent Mortgage Statement

    • Copy of most recent Tax Statement

    • Copy of most recent Insurance Statement

    • If property has been refinanced recently, please provide settlement statement.

  • If you are retired:

    • Pension Award Letter

  •  If you receive Social Security:

    • Social Security Award Letter

  •  If you are counting child support as income:

    • Copy of divorce settlement.

    • Copy of 12 months of cancelled child support checks may be required.


Debts & Public Records

  • Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:

    • Late Payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens.

    • Bankruptcy filed within the last seven years (provide a copy of your BK papers).


VA Loans

  • Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation.

bottom of page